Recommendations

Experience

  • I earn more than anyone in my family ever has, but my children barely see me during the week. My wife says the money isn't worth what it's costing us as a family. I always thought I was working this...

    Sharing my experience as a child of a father of a high paying skill, I always taught he didn't like me at all cause in addition to his job, he had... this strict and extremely-serious minded personality. When I was below 13 years of age, I wanted him to spend more time with me and the family, and not make me feel silly for playing a lot as a child would.
    Now I'm 19 and I'm beginning to understand the struggles and expectations that comes with being a man; a married man of four, in a developing country, who didn't have the opportunity to complete his education and relies solely on one skill.
    He can't fail.
    He shouldn't fail cause there's nothing else to fall back onto.
    He is someone I'm very proud of. He has been able to give all four of us, the opportunities he didn't have. Though he hasn't been available so many times, it's okay since his work was that demanding. What I'm doing now is working for a better future and trying to better the negative effect the absence might have caused.
     more