Recommendations

Experience

  • My partner says I'm choosing my career over our relationship because I refused to turn down a promotion that requires frequent travel. I feel like I've worked too hard to get here to walk away now....

    I personally experienced the same thing. Mother of 3, my partner of 8 years was hesitant because of the added responsibility for him. I asked him to... give me a year and then we would reevaluate. I took the job and it was the best career decision I could have made. I learned the difference between a supportive partner and one who did what he had to do because he had to do it. Life has naturally worked itself out how it was supposed to. So my best advice is take the opportunity, give it a year and reevaluate. Unfortunately, you may have to handle resentment like I did from my partner... but I would rather they expose their resentment because I went after my goals, versus resentment because I didn't try. Sometimes, the right decision for you isn't at someone else's best interests. Don't shrink yourself or your goals for anyone. The right ones will come along with you. Good luck and congratulations! more

    1